Friday, April 29, 2011

How do you know?

How do you know if you're meant to do what you are doing? I look through my pictures and second guess myself all the time. I just don't know if I'm supposed to be doing this. I know that not every picture is going to look awesome straight out of camera, or even after some editing, but sometimes I think I'm just not good enough.

I mean, I think I have the creativity part down pretty well, but the technical part.... not so much. I've been paying more attention to focus, lighting, shadows etc,  but it's hard to know if it's making a difference.

I think Jasmine Star said it best "I am a chicken, I should just lay an egg to complete the transformation." I am a chicken, now I just need to transform into a photographer :)

2 comments:

  1. I was just talking to my husband about this yesterday! I was telling him how I would love to pursue photography more seriously, however I don't know if it is my specialty. if I'm really "great" at it or just love doing it and should just keep it as a hobby.
    However, I love love love your photos! they are just gorgeous *linked to you from the bump btw*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My goal for this year is to have a 'real' business set up. It's a lot of work, but hopefully it will be worth it and I can make it through!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Brandon & Shayna We met in church when I was 16 and he was 20. I had always liked him, but he was too old for me then. We both grew up, moved away for college and went through our relationships. Eventually, we both moved back home and reconnected in 2006. We got married on October 10, 2009 and welcomed our son, Camden Richard on October 28, 2010.